Sunday, December 2, 2007

Hitchhikers guide to a lonely planet




back after a v v refreshing trip to bombay...did the usual touristy stuff..bought books at fountain, shopped at linking road, ate at Leo's, bought alcohol in black at Janata, took moonlit walks along Bandstand...

My most endearing memory however has to be the trains...Bombay to me is actually all about travelling second class...the pushing and shoving, the cursing and smelling sweaty armpits, buying useless hair clips and the method in all that chaos. Travelling some pretty crazy distances-Virar to Churchgate sometimes.....I love how even 4yrs later nothing has changed. Nothing. The same pushing, shoving, cursing, smelling sweaty armpits and greasy station vada pav's... theres something about looking out at so much life through the bars of a train window....but more so how much of life is lived within those trains....

the best way to discover Bombay tho if u asked me is to do it by yourself....i guess i was happiest when i had my knapsack, my water bottle and my walking shoes...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahhh.. so you went to B'bay... I was there a week ago.

Back to the grind now??? ;)

Soul said...

Mumbai....
arey..yeh hamri mumbai nagriya hein re..Yahaan peh..agar train mein bheed nahin hein na..toh samajva yeh mumbaiyya nayi hein..arey humko tho bheed se koi parishaani nahin..to aur logonko kyo hein....

" yeh he..mumbai nagariya
tu dekh babuva"

One place where i really hate...bombay !!!!!

Preeti Shenoy said...

I used to live in Mumbai and I used to live in Bangalore too.I agree with you about trains.
Thanks for stopping by!