Saturday, December 15, 2007

running around in loops.....

I'm guessing when our ancient learned fathers had a council and decided to come up with the concept of language, they did it with the idea of avoiding a Babel situation....one week into my new job, I'm convinced that everyone is speaking what I want to call MBA jargon just to fox me. I go from an org when my ed used the F word thrice in a 4 word sentence... Consider now situation below and tell me if I'm being unreasonable....

Day1, meeting 1: Big Boss Guy: "I want the team to integrate seamlessly so we are able to close the loop by Fri"......Hang on one sec, while I process this....ummm...so I assume what he was trying to say is, "Lets get this done by Fri" but he wont say it in those words because....MBA JARGON!!
Day2,meeting 2: Team member: Will you be able to share the contents of the e mail with her so she is also kept in the loop'?.... umm...meaning, "CC her on the mail"???....but they wont say it so easily because, yes u guessed right......

considering how much I have verbal bashed this place already, I'm not surprised that one week down the line I still haven't been logged onto the system...app, it has taken 2days for the others....wont be surprised if on Monday morn, I can't enter the gates because my swipe card has been canceled or something....all in a days work for me.....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol @ MBA jargon. I deal with a diff. kind. 'There is a bit of slight refactoring to do because of the scope' meaning we need to make some changes in simple english :P

Home on a sat night.. one of those sober weekends I guess.

Unknown said...

lol.. as soon as I stop running around in loops ;)

Santosh said...

ha ha ! i swear, trust these MBAs to twist and trun words to come back to the same meaning...

My boss uses this one " Can you please ensure this is done by cop today" the first time i read this, i spent half an hour browsing to find out what he meant :-) . And it turns out COP means "Close of Play" eh ? Am i in office to play? And if i am why will i stop playing? I might stop playing, but why would i stop playing :-)

moody crab said...

LOL

hey, i've (pramod from AF) taken the plunge (read, started blogging) and wanted to keep you in the loop.. :D