Tuesday, January 29, 2008

...I'm It now!!

This is from Santozz's tag.....Really enjoyed doing this so J, yours next :)

What is the oldest / first memory you carry :

1. Of your Mother: This has to be my oldest memory…me bawling my head off because my mom was leaving for work…I must have not been more than 5 I think…my maid carrying me and standing in the middle of the street staring after my mom…I’m guessing she was scared because I remember howling really, REALLY badly….Of crying: Being slapped by a classmate in kindergarten because I, as monitor, refused to let him into the classroom during the break…

2. Of your father: My dad bathing me when I was little. He used to scrub me so hard I used to cry and that used to annoy my dad very much!!…

3. Of School: This involves another member of my family!! Pesky kid that I was, I used to always insist on hanging out with my older cousin sister and never my own friends in kindergarten. One day I insisted on sitting with her for lunch and her friend was like, “Why does she always come here” and everyone started laughing…

4. Of a fight: Around Class 5, I outgrew the shy phase and became a total tomboy. I had this huge tussle with this other girl in my class once. We both pushed each other around the class till the bell rang to signal the end of lunch. Best part is, we were both laughing because it was so much fun….

5. Of a lie you told: My earliest memory of this is from when I was in Class 4 or 5 telling my Hindi teacher that I had left my homework at home when in fact I hadn’t done it. Combination of being a goody two shoes plus being a painfully painfully tongue-tied kid meant I still remember the “I so don’t believe you” look she gave me even today…

6. Of a vacation: Endless summer holidays spent in the sun, with the sand between my toes eating raw mangoes at my grandparents house in Kolar and asking my cousins to make me whistles out of the leaves of this particular tree…

7. Of laughing: Sadly very few memories (early) of laughing out loud. Guess I was a melancholy kid.

8. Of a class-mate: There was this guy called Ian who was in my kindergarten class. I think I used to be madly in love with him. As usual though, I was too shy to ask him to be my friend or anything so don’t think anything came out of it.. :)

9. Of a relative: My granddad used to teach in my school and some of my earliest memories are of him buying me sweets from our tuck shop.

10. Of a Teacher: My kindergarten teacher Mrs David, who was so strict she used to scare the shit out of us. We had a little room where she used to keep rabbits. The stench in that room used to be unbearable but once in a while, as a treat, she used to allow us into the room to see the rabbits. One brownish white and one white.

11. Of your Brother / Sister: This is the hardest…too many memories jumbled up inside my head of my brother….always remember him being very possessive though…

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahahaa.. quite a cute tag this is ;)

Memories!!

Santosh said...

wow ! unbelivable :-) someone actually followed my TAG !!! Am so happy :-)

Santosh said...

I read this again :-)

You know a weird homework realted lie that i told. I did not do my homework once, and absolutely ran out of all the usual lies of i forgot, i was not well etc etc. I came up with a Killer.. I told her "My grandmom told me not to do my homework" LOL ! even me can still remember the I so dont belive you, you stupid donkey look the teacher gave me :-)

Cheers !
Santosh