Thursday, January 24, 2008

Is there an eHow on meeting men?

went out for drinks the other night with some of my colleagues...so there was me, Colleague 1 (Indian female), Colleague 2 (Male Chinese-American) and Colleague 3 (Male American). Bear with me on these minor details, its very essential to my story. So we were discussing amongst other things, about meeting someone 'nice' in a pub....

Colleague 1: What would you do if someone walked upto you in a pub and tried to ask you out....

Me: Umm... if it was an Indian guy, I would completely freak out...

Colleague 2: So...what does an Indian guy do to meet girls...

Interesting thought…now take that, turn it on its head and ask yourself…”What does an Indian girl do to meet a boy”?...

As usual, I volunteer to be the lab rat…and as usual I happen to have experience in the futility of trying to meet boys in the ordinary course of life….read on…

Some time back, this rather interesting looking type (tall, shaved head, nicely built) walked into the cubby next to mine….we made eye contact….he left, only to come back to have a rather ‘by the way’ conversation with her while we had a more meaningful one over my colleague’s head….I was seriously intrigued… but my guardian angel is clearly napping on the job…. I bumped into him some time later and this time his large wedding band didn’t escape my notice…..

Boy No 2 happened somewhere around then….he’s on my bus back home. Except he always gets in after me...Which means I can’t go past him and toss my hair in his general direction or accidentally meet his eye...He gets off one stop before mine…so I can again only look at him from afar….now the other day my luck was shining on me…or so I thought….I had managed to get a window seat….he got in right after….and took the seat at the window across the aisle from me….should have been easy-peasy from there….except for this guy who walked up, sat next to him, opened his newspaper and simultaneously tried to read it from REALLY up close and block out the sun….i read that as a divine sign and gave up…..

and no, there hasn't been anyone even vaguely interesting since....

I have clearly missed out on something vital here....any ideas....

4 comments:

m said...

oh and i thought its a deli thing!

Santosh said...

:-) lol never knew indian girls did anything to meet indian boys.

Atleast no indian gal did anything to meet me, or did i miss the vital signs myself :-)

"Me being the lab-rat" lol that wa a nice one !!!

Cheers !

Unknown said...

The good old indian boy must go to the sweet lil indian girl and ask if she likes to have b'fast with him. Idli's and some hot sambar.

DK said...

"Life is a journey between wishes and happenstances", so hang in there until the (miss)construed sunny side up, shows up!!