Monday, April 2, 2007

feeling dsylexic

Ok I may have writer lady in my name, but I am sooo bad at spelling...and I kid you not....

I teach school drop outs at a nearby govt school once a week...and I teach them English. Simple right? Ought to be. Atleast my intentions intially were....till I tried to remember the spelling of say...license. Which is the one with a 'C' and which is the one with a 'S'? I DONT FREAKING REMEMBER! and the thing with spellings is that it just sneaks up on me...I go prepared with one lesson and the next thing I know we have gone on to something else, and then some horrible spelling thing sneaks up on me and I put on my confused umm-we'll-come-back-to-this-later look....

And did I mention that I write for a living? Yup, I'm a journalist supposed to make a living out of my words...actually, wait..is it journalist or journolist?....spell check, spell check!

No comments: